We’re currently rolling out a new design. Let us know what you think at the bottom.
Adult social care complaints
We provide a wide range of services and although we work hard to deliver high quality support, we know that sometimes things can go wrong.
Please tell us if you are unhappy with our service, the way you have been treated or with a particular member of staff. We’ll decide with you on the best way to resolve your complaint.
If another organisation is involved such as the NHS or a care provider, we will work with them to resolve your complaint.
How to make a complaint
- talk to the person working with you or their manager
- alternatively, contact Adult Services Complaints
020 8356 1702 (Mon – Fri, 9am-5pm).
Write to Adult Services Complaints, Hackney Service Centre, 1 Hillman Street E8 1DY.
What happens when we receive your complaint?
Early resolution stage
- when you raise an issue with the person working with you, or contact Adult Services Complaints, we will check to see if we can resolve it quickly
- when the issue can be resolved quickly, we will take action and contact you to tell you what we have done
- if we cannot resolve your issue quickly, or if you want a written response to your complaint, this will be dealt with as a formal complaint
- we will acknowledge that we have received your complaint by email, post or phone
- we will discuss your complaint with you and ask you to agree a statement of complaint, which sets out each issue that will be investigated
- we will assess how long it will take to resolve your complaint – we aim to respond to most complaints within 20 working days
- a senior officer from the service will oversee the investigation and they will focus on resolving the issue(s) you have raised
- we will provide you with a written response which includes the outcome of the investigation and the action taken to resolve your complaint
- the relevant team will reflect on the written response to consider what went wrong and how we can prevent this from happening again
What happens if I am not satisfied with the response?
If you’re not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you can refer the matter to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman (LGSCO) for further investigation.
For the LGSCO advice team, call 0300 061 0614 (Mon-Fri, 8.30am-5pm).
You can also complete the LGSCO’s complaints form.
If you would like to record a compliment, please visit feedback and complete the ‘make a comment or suggestion form’.
Under type of feedback select ‘compliment’ from the drop down.
You can also email email@example.com.
If you get help or care at home funded by the Council you can call 0800 0731 317 to report:
- missed care worker visits or continuous lateness
- care workers not staying for the agreed time
- not being treated with dignity or respect
- any other concerns about the quality of the care you receive
Calls will be dealt with in confidence and staff will not pass your name to your provider without your consent.
Phone line staff will raise your concerns with the agency and ask them to address any problems.
The phone line is open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm. Voicemail will operate out of hours. Calls are free.
Please note this number is only for complaints about homecare services.