We’re currently introducing a new design and are making sure everything works.
Council tax exemption scam
If someone visits or calls you and tries to charge you to arrange a council tax reduction or exemption, this is a scam. We don’t charge for this. If this happens to you, note the details of the individuals and don’t hand over any details. Report the incident to the Police on 101.
- Council tax
Moving in or out
If you are moving to or from a property within Hackney please complete the form below.
To reduce processing time, please have the following to hand before completing the form:
- a daytime telephone number or email address
- the date you are moving
- the name of the new occupier, if you know it
- your old council tax account number, if applicable
- if you are a tenant, the name and address of your landlord and whether the property is furnished
- if you own the property, details of the agents arranging the sale or the name of the solicitor acting for you on the sale
- if you’re moving to a new address in Hackney, the name and forwarding address of the people who lived there before you