We’re currently rolling out a new design. Let us know what you think at the bottom.
Dalston CLR James Library
Membership is free and anyone can join – you do not have to be a Hackney resident.
Once you’ve applied, visit any of our library branches with your confirmation number and ID to activate your membership. You can also join in person at any of our library branches.
What can I find at the library?
As well as adult fiction and non-fiction books the library offers:
- large print books and talking books
- children’s library service
- foreign language books and audio-visual material
- parents’ and carers’ collection
- DVDs, videos and music CDs
- language courses
- self-service machines
- online information resources
- free computer access and basic computer coaching
- free wi-fi for library members
- printing facilities, photocopier and scanner
- reading area
- study area
- private study area
- meeting room for hire
- teen zone
- quick picks area
Sign up for our newsletter
Events and activities – what’s on in Hackney libraries
Lele’s – opening soon
Lele’s is a vegan and sustainable all day eatery, focusing on seasonal, locally sourced food, with amazing coffee, breakfasts, lunches, nibbles and dinner. Lele’s provide afternoon teas and specialise in pastries, sweets and cakes for all occasions. Pets welcome.
- Monday 8am-4pm
- Tuesday 8am- 4pm
- Wednesday 8am – 9pm
- Thursday 8am -10pm
- Friday 8am-10pm
- Saturday 9am-10pm
- Sunday 10am-4pm
Book a computer
You need your library card number and PIN to access the booking system. If you need a new library card or have forgotten your PIN, visit one of our libraries.
You can also book by phone or in person, by using the booking kiosk in the library.
How long can I access a computer for?
Adults: 2 hours, children: 1 hour. Additional time is available on request.
New to computers and the internet?
Beginner’s sessions are available. Please book in advance by asking staff.
How much is printing and scanning?
Black and white: 10p, colour: 50p.
Room for hire for meetings and events
Contact email@example.com for booking enquiries.
- capacity: 35 standing (without tables) or 20 sitting (with tables)
- the room is on the second floor of the library. It has lino flooring, blackout curtains and a small kitchenette
- kitchen facilities and appliances: fridge, kettle, sink (hot and cold water)
- projector and connections (VGA, AV) and stereo audio
- free public wi-fi with library membership card
- it is your responsibility to ensure that your equipment is compatible and you are familiar with the operation of the equipment as no technical support or equipment is provided by the library service or staff on site
- no additional services or equipment available other than those listed
- wheelchair access
- lift to the first floor
- toilets with disabled access
- parking for blue badge holders nearby