We’re currently rolling out a new design. Let us know what you think at the bottom.
Variation of a designated premises supervisor
For every premises licensed for the supply of alcohol, a personal licence holder must be specified as the designated premises supervisor (DPS).
This will normally be the person who has day-to-day responsibility for running the premises.
There may be a number of personal licence holders working at a premises but there can only be one designated premises supervisor.
The designated premises supervisor must be appointed by the premises licence holder (who may hold both positions).
You can also complete and post an application form:
To apply for a variation of designated premises supervisor please submit:
- a completed vary DPS application form
- a consent form the proposed DPS to show that they consent to taking on this responsible role;
- a copy of the current premises licence or a statement as to why it is not included
- the appropriate fee, which is currently £23
- documents demonstrating entitlement to work / immigration status in the United Kingdom
You will also need to send a copy of the application to Hackney Police. Only the police can make representations.
Hackney Licensing Unit
Stoke Newington Police Station
33 Stoke Newington High Street
London N16 8DS
Tel: 020 7275 3022
Alcohol Licensing Team
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY