We’re currently rolling out a new design. Let us know what you think at the bottom.
Our One You community fitness classes take place in community venues across the borough. With over 60 classes per week on 26 estates in Hackney, there’s something for everyone from Box Fit to Zumba, kids’ karate to family street dance. They’re just £2 and are aimed at residents and people who work in Hackney, from children to older adults.
- Boiler House Community Centre, N16 6RS – ZumbaTone with Jackie, 9.30-10.30am, £3
- Pembury Community Centre, E8 1HL – BoxFit Kids (7-11yrs), 5-6pm, £3
- Napier Grove Community Centre, N1 7HU – Cardio Pilates with Zoraima, 6.30-7.30pm, £3
- New Kingshold Community Centre, E9 7JE – Kids Box Fit (7-11yrs), 5.15-6.15pm, £3
- Boiler House, N16 6RS – Zumba with Claudia, 7-8pm, £3
- New Kingshold Community Centre, E9 7JE – Kids’ Capoeira (5-11yrs), 5-6pm, £3
- New Kingshold Community Centre, E9 7JE – Adults’ Capoeira, 5.15-6.15pm, £3
- Napier Grove Community Centre, N1 7HU – Cardio Strength Pilates with Zoraima, 6.30-7.30pm, £3
- Core Clapton, E5 8RL – Tai Chi for Mobility with Lucia, 11am-12 noon, £3
- Pembury Community Centre, E8 1HL – Chair Based Exercise (55yr +) with Susanne, 2-3pm, £2
- Friday Redmond Community Centre, N4 2HF – Kids’ Capoeira (5-11yrs), 5-6pm, £3
- Northwold Community Centre, E5 9SA – Family Taekwondo with Darren, 9.30am-11am, £3
You can find and book your class on the new OpenPlay app for Android, OpenPlay app for Apple or OpenPlay website.. Please pay your £2 at the venue as the app does not take payments. You can also register at the community centre.
One You classes run alongside the national Public Health England One You campaign to encourage residents to get fitter, eat healthier and feel better and they’re open to all Hackney residents.
Regular physical activity can reduce your risk of breast cancer by up to 20%, dementia, depression and colon cancer by up to 30%, cardiovascular disease by up to 35%, type 2 diabetes by up to 40% and hip fractures by up to 68% – Public Health England.
Hear from resident Dessy about what motivated her to take part in the programme:
Sign up to change4life for helpful information, recipes, tools, tips, and games for kids.