We’re currently introducing a new design and are making sure everything works.
- Business services, rates and licensing
MST practitioner registration
You need to register as an MST Practitioner to carry out the following treatments at a premises in the London borough of Hackney.
- cosmetic piercing
- nail treatment
- other types of treatment (see guidance notes for applicants)
If you have a valid MST practitioner registration, you may operate in premises that hold a valid MST premises licence carrying out the approved treatments.
Registering allows you to work at any premises licensed by the Council for a period of 3 years, or 1 year if you are registered as an exempt MST practitioner.
Places that carry out these kinds of treatments must have their own MST premises licence.
On this page:
You can apply by post or in person to: Licensing Service, Hackney Service Centre, 1 Hillman Street, E8 1DY.
The Hackney Service Centre is open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Please ensure you have read the guidance notes for applicants before starting your application.
You should send / bring
- a completed MST practitioner application form
- 1 recent passport photo
- a form of photographic ID (eg passport, driving licence)
- proof of address dated within 3 months (eg utility bill, bank statement)
- the relevant recognised qualifications
- the fee of £117 by postal order or cheque made out to ‘The London Borough of Hackney’