Visiting the museum
How to find us
The museum is conveniently situated in central Hackney next to the Town Hall Square – see the map for more information.
Hackney Central Overground station is a 5 minute walk from the museum.
Take the central line to Bethnal Green, then 106 or 254 from stop C or D6 from stop B.
Hackney Central is a major bus interchange: 30, 38, 48, 55, 56, 106, 236, 242, 253, 254, 276, 277, 394, 425, 488, D6 and W15.
The shop in the museum sells a selection of books, souvenirs and pocket money toys. It’s the only place to buy your I Love Hackney merchandise (including T-shirts, mugs, badges and Oyster card holders) and our exclusive illustrated Hackney greetings cards, tote bags and posters.
Please note, the shop accepts cash only.
- order souvenirs featuring artwork from the museum’s collections
Access and facilities
- Hackney Museum is on the ground floor with level access
- the museum has a wheelchair accessible toilet, public toilets and baby changing facilities
- there’s a blue badge parking space at the front of the building, on Reading Lane
Take a virtual tour from the Town Hall Square through the exhibition spaces of Hackney Museum.
- Monday: closed
- Tuesday: 9.30am-5.30pm
- Thursday: 9.30am-8pm
- Friday: 9.30am-5.30pm
- Saturday: 10am-5pm
- Sunday and bank holidays: closed