We’re currently rolling out a new design. Let us know what you think at the bottom.
Visiting the museum
How to find us
The museum is conveniently situated in central Hackney next to the Town Hall Square – see the map for more information.
Hackney Central Overground station is a 5 minute walk from the museum.
Take the central line to Bethnal Green, then 106 or 254 from stop C or D6 from stop B.
Hackney Central is a major bus interchange: 30, 38, 48, 55, 56, 106, 236, 242, 253, 254, 276, 277, 394, 425, 488, D6 and W15.
The shop in the museum sells a selection of books, souvenirs and pocket money toys. It’s the only place to buy your I Love Hackney merchandise (including T-shirts, mugs, badges and Oyster card holders) and our exclusive illustrated Hackney greetings cards, tote bags and posters.
Please note, the shop accepts cash only.
- order souvenirs featuring artwork from the museum’s collections
Access and facilities
- Hackney Museum is on the ground floor with level access
- the museum has a wheelchair accessible toilet, public toilets and baby changing facilities
- there’s a blue badge parking space at the front of the building, on Reading Lane
- Monday: closed
- Tuesday: 9.30am-5.30pm
- Wednesday: 9.30am-5.30pm
- Thursday: 9.30am-8pm
- Friday: 9.30am-5.30pm
- Saturday: 10am-5pm
- Sunday and bank holidays: closed