We’re currently rolling out a new design. Let us know what you think at the bottom.

Summer in Hackney

Explore summer in Hackney with our new map of playgrounds, pools, picnic areas, drinking fountains, walking routes and more:

Parking fines

We use civil enforcement officers (CEOs) and CCTV to issue penalty charge notices (PCNs), commonly known as parking fines. If you receive a PCN, you have the option to either pay it or dispute it.

View penalty charges and stages for PCNs.

Pay or dispute your PCN

Pay or dispute your PCN

Review evidence of your PCN, and dispute it or pay it. If you want to view CCTV footage you will need Adobe Flash player.

Other ways to pay your PCN

  • by post: Complete the payment slip attached to the PCN, enclose a cheque or postal order payable to ‘London Borough of Hackney’ and send to PO Box 75246 London E8 9GT
  • by phone: Call the automated payment line: for PCNs starting QZ dial 020 8629 1232. For PCNs starting HK or HQ ring 020 8356 5050

Other ways to dispute your PCN

You can also write to: PO Box 75246 London E8 9GT. We can’t take parking disputes over the telephone.

Please provide as much detail as possible, include your PCN number, vehicle registration number and contact address, also enclose copies of all supporting evidence. You will also need to submit your appeal or representation in writing. We will reply to all PCN disputes in writing.

Please note we will not accept parking disputes submitted by email.

PCN dispute stages

You can only dispute a PCN for specific reasons or grounds. When we receive a challenge or representation we will put your case on hold until we make a decision. There are 3 ways to dispute a PCN depending on the type of PCN and the stage in the process – please make sure you know where you are.

Informal challenge

You have up to 28 days to make an informal challenge after receiving a PCN issued by CEO or for a CCTV bus lane PCN.

Formal representation

If you do not pay or challenge your PCN within the first 28 days, for a PCN issued by CEO we will send you a ‘Notice to Owner’ or for a CCTV bus lane PCN we will send you an ‘Enforcement Notice’. These will give you the option to either pay the PCN or make a formal representation.

For a parking PCN issued by CCTV or for a moving traffic PCN issued by CCTV you can make a formal representation straight after the PCN is issued.

Parking appeal

If we reject your formal representation, you can make an appeal to the London Tribunals, Environmental and Traffic Adjudicators (ETA). The ETA replaces the Parking and Traffic Appeals Service (PATAS).

Page updated on: 25 June 2019

Representations and appeals


PO Box 75246
E8 9GT


Opening times

  • (Mon to Fri, 9am - 5pm)