One Account unavailable
We’re working to resolve the problems with the One Account as quickly as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience.
North London Waste Plan
The seven north London boroughs of Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Hackney, Haringey, Islington and Waltham Forest are preparing a joint waste plan. The purpose of the plan is:
- to make certain there will be enough suitable land to accommodate the right type of waste management facilities, in the right place, at the right time, up to 2035 to manage waste generated in North London
- to provide policies to assess planning applications against
Current stage – consultation
The north London boroughs are consulting on the proposed submission North London Waste Plan between 1 March and 12 April before submitting it to the secretary of state for housing, communities and local government for an examination by a planning inspector:
We apply regional and national planning policies and guidance when assessing and determining planning applications and when promoting development proposals across the borough.
Local planning policies
- local plan (formerly local development framework (LDF)
- development management local plan and policies map
- core strategy and proposals map
- site allocations local plan
- neighbourhood planning
- Article 4 directions
Area action plans
- Dalston area action plan
- Hackney Central area action plan
- Hackney Wick area action plan
- Housing delivery test action plan
- Manor House area action plan
- Stamford Hill area action plan
Self-build and custom housebuilding
As part of government plans to provide more homes, new measures have been put in place for people to register their interest for a plot of land to build their own homes through either self-build or custom housebuilding.
Hackney community infrastructure levy
The Council is now charging a local community infrastructure levy (CIL) in addition to the Mayoral CIL on all applicable development located in Hackney.