We’re currently rolling out a new design. Let us know what you think at the bottom.
Automated payments Wednesday 18 September
Due to maintenance of our payments services, our automated payment line (020 8356 5050) will be unavailable today, Wednesday 18 September. The service will return to normal tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience this will cause.
Parking fines and PCNs
Please note that customers will still be able to pay parking fines and PCNs by telephone: 020 8629 1232.
Support in temporary accommodation
We provide support for adults (aged 16+) and families placed in temporary accommodation.
If you are a vulnerable person, we can help you
- maintain temporary accommodation (including hostels and B&Bs)
- resettle into your own home
- live an independent life and
- avoid homelessness
What to expect
You will be assessed by a support worker, usually in your own home, to determine what level of support you need. You will then be allocated a worker who will visit you to draw up a plan to help with the issues raised in your assessment. Support could include help and advice on:
- applying for benefits
- housing advice and help finding a permanent home
- dealing with debt or rent arrears
- arranging repairs or adaptations
- practical living skills
- dealing with anti-social behaviour
- accessing care and counselling services
- developing skills, and training to find work
- help contacting GPs, social services, the probation services and other agencies
We do not provide any personal care, such as help administering medication or help with shopping although we can help you to contact the appropriate service.
Who can use this service?
You can be referred to this service if you are over 16, have been housed by The Council in temporary accommodation and need support with
- a physical, sensory or learning disability
- support needs if you are an older person
- mental ill health
- a history of offending or substance misuse
- homelessness as a family
or if you are
- at risk of or experiencing domestic violence
- at risk of homelessness or losing accommodation
- a young person at risk, a care leaver or a young parent
This service is available in your own home from 9am-7pm on weekdays and between 10am-4pm on weekends and bank holidays. The level of support provided will vary and will depend on your needs. Please call to request a referral form or make a direct referral on the phone. We also provide a drop-in service at the address below providing information and ‘one-off’ advice and help.